Department of Pathobiology and Population Sciences
Pablo is a lecturer in animal health economics at the Royal Veterinary College. He is also a veterinarian, with strong background in epidemiology.
His research experience and interests lie in the investigation of animal diseases using food system approaches:
1) application of value chain analysis for the control of animal diseases and food safety risks (including antimicrobial resistance);
2) evaluating the economic impact of animal diseases to value chain stakeholders and the society;
3) the development of economic decision support tools for disease control;
4) the assessment of the economic efficiency of interventions;
5) the understanding of the socio-economic drivers and factors associated with the emergence, prevention and control of animal diseases across the different livestock food systems.